Sunday, February 17, 2013

Community Proposal

My community is Little Village located south of Lawndale on Chicago's Southwest side. The Latino ethnic group dominates this area with an 83%, the remaining population is consisted of mainly African-Americans. The working class of Little Village is at an average around poverty level.
I will interview my older brother, my neighborhood friend, and an adult that lives here as well. The ideas I believe will present themselves among the interviewed is that the American Dream is a goal. This common goal will most likely be along these lines, " the American Dream to me is to simply come here to the U.S. and make a living, start, raise and support a family of your own." Why couldn't this be done in their home country? I believe its because this land of opportunities has things better to offer and it's why they've come and settled here to live a "better" life.

No comments:

Post a Comment