Thursday, September 20, 2012

To Michel-Guillaume Jean de Crevevoeur,
I very much agree with Crevecoeur and his idea of calling America a “melting pot”. Many times have I heard the U.S. being called so and support the fact that it is; as Crevecoeur explained this nation is made up of so many nationalities and this land is the one and only that has grown to be so diverse, accepting of all and “land of great promise.”  Although his definition of an American is I feel another way to describe a hard worker with integrity, I do not know the definition of an American nor think there can be a single one due to the fact that an American can be a lot of things yet one type of “nationality”. Furthermore I say the desires of immigrants to come to America  are still the same as of the eighteenth century because the people have come to start new and aim for a greater life. 
-154

No comments:

Post a Comment